Odoo Help

Does Odoo require a specific version of PostGreSQL?

By
Timo Goosen
on 8/19/14, 10:04 AM 6,365 views

I tried installing Odoo on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with PostGreSQL 9.3 and I kept getting the error:

"Skipping database test as its base version is not 9.0.1.3"

I find it hard to believe that the Odoo/OpenERP developers would want to restrict users to a specific version of postgresql.

Yenthe
On 8/19/14, 10:40 AM

I personally have Odoo V8 running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with PostGreSQL 9.3, so it should be possible.
Did you get anymore errors or logfile reports? You should give it a second try with a clean VM probably.

Ray Carnes
On 8/19/14, 3:03 PM

The warning has nothing to do with Postgres.  The database in question was created with an earlier version of Odoo.

If it was created with an earlier version of v7, simply run: openerp-server --update=all --database=DB_NAME

ThackerS (ts)
On 8/19/14, 11:46 AM

Hi Timo.

It has not restriction on postgresql version. I think you have not properly followed the installation process.
Those links can help you:

Best regards.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/14, 10:04 AM
Seen: 6365 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM