This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,  we sell technical products.  Alongside the hardware, we offer a service contract to customers.   The service contract is a set percentage (%) of the total value of all the hardware listed on the quote.  

My question is this.  Does Odoo have the capability to define a service product that has a value (%) of all the other items on the quotation?

Thank you

Colin 

Discard

I know you can create a new price list based on an existing price list using the base price for an item and then adding or subtracting a value - this would enable a service product for each hardware product.  This works but makes the quotation twice the size (one entry per product plus one service entry per product). 

Can you expand on the 2nd approach please - 'hardware sets using BoM's' ? 

See my amended answer.

Best Answer

No, not by default. You would have to create a custom module for that purpose. It could be easier if you assign a service product to each hardware product separately or if you create hardware sets using BoMs.

Update:

Thinking more about your use case, I would bundle your hardware products with a service product using a BoM (Bill of Material in the manufacturing module) of type "Set", you could call the bundle product "Piece of hardware including service" and the price would include the hardware price plus the service price. So you could sell the bundle product and you only have one invoice line for a bundle.

Discard