Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Very basic functionality is missing from the project management/ help desk modules in ERP:
- issuing a unique ticket number to customer automatically
- being able to reply to incoming emails to communicate with customer
- seeing all a customer's incoming help desk requests in context against customer object
I've asked about this in May (https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/19384/) not a single reply.
I'm actually amazed one can describe a module as being a "help desk" without these basics.
Does anybody know of a third party help desk solution (like zendesk, etc.) that integrates well with OpenERP, that I can use instead, before abandoning our OpenERP project?
The project_issue module does everything you need:
- communication by email with customer or through the issue form
- kanban to manage the process to solve an issue
- unique ticket number per issue
- automated emails on issues stages
- filter all issues on a specific customer (or add a button on customer form, it takes 10 minutes)
- SLA's automated actions
- template of emails for recuring answers
- integration with timesheets, costs and contracts (to bill on hours for instance)
We use it for our help desk with 30 people working on it, multi-level qualification, automated actions based on time/actions, integration with email, etc.
Has there been any progress on this Helpdesk? Are there any solutions that are an actual help desk?
I am very shocked that with Odoo themselves giving support to customers that they can get by with what Odoo calls a help desk module. I mean I think most of the odoo consultants are doing support of some kind.
Is there a more robust solution out there? I saw the video in this thread but Its in French and it went really fast so I could not get it, but it looked more like what a help desk should look like.
This thread is old, surely someone has developed something good by now....where are you!
We have developed a complete Helpdesk solution that rivals other industry standalone offerings.
You can check out a short video here : http://www.odoo.ma/our-modules/helpdesk-odoo/9
Note: We haven't posted an up to date video yet, the latest version has a lot of new improvements and features.
I believe this is the best existing odoo Helpdesk as of yet.
Feel free to contact us there if you need to check out a live demo.
Fabien, We have started to use the Issues module and it works fine so far. But some areas you have identified we have not managed to set up so: "kanban to manage the process to solve an issue", can you give an example of what you mean by this? "automated emails on issues stages", how did you do this, as in technically what did you have to do. I have played with email notifications, but never got it working. "SLA's automated actions", how was this configured? Perhaps there should be some work on this module to make it the "helpdesk" module? Also I have made some changes to the view, if you are interested on what we have done to help our business I am happy to share. I can do it here, but perhaps this is not the place. Thanks Dave
The slideshow referenced above is pretty good, but can anyone take it all the way to invoice? ( http://www.slideshare.net/dreispt/service-management-with-odooopenerpopendays2014danielreis )
The slideshow seems to go from Issue -> Service Desk/Project -> Task
Also, where do you specify the client that is requesting the work? It looks like you put the company name in the "Contact" field of the issue?
How do you invoice the time? I see a category called billing, but no further information.
1. How do you "close"/"complete" the task?
2. How do you mark the task/time for billing?
3. Does each client have to have an "Analytic Account/Project" before they can be invoiced? Is there a way to do an invoice without an "Analytic Account/Project"?
About This Community
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 9/22/13, 7:30 AM|
|Seen: 18734 times|
|Last updated: 10/19/16, 8:34 AM|