Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does Multi-Company support those companies operating from the same Warehouse?

Scott Hart
on 1/18/16, 1:56 PM 259 views

I'm sure this has been covered, so if someone could point me toward the answer;

I would like to run multiple companies out of the same warehouse. I know you can run multiple companies, multiple warehouses but can't locate what I need. Thank you in advance.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 1/18/16, 11:46 PM

How is that supposed to work? Who is the owner of the warehouse, who is the owner of the goods? How does ownership transfer happens when moving goods?

Hello Ermin! The warehouse is owned by on master company. The inventory will be available to each division, exclusions. The master company will have distribution rights to all products, but the other 2 will have limited reach to niche specific available inventory. If potential customer doesn't want a full service distribution need, then the other 2 niche specific companies can try to gain the business. This way we aren't leaving any potential business on the table. Hope this helps.

Scott Hart
on 1/22/16, 3:04 PM

Whatever the business idea might be, the only thing that counts is OWNERSHIP of the goods and the transfer of ownership, therefore the legal relationships between the companies for these processes. You must design these processes from a legal and business perspective beforer you can think about how to implement this in Odoo.

Ermin Trevisan
on 1/23/16, 12:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/18/16, 1:56 PM
Seen: 259 times
Last updated: 1/18/16, 11:46 PM