Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does anyone know why quants and stock moves (quantity in location) can mismatch ?

By
Bubba Jaber
on 9/19/16, 9:04 AM 183 views

We are running odoo with multiple workers and we have multiple warehouses to manage our inventory. When we compare the location quants for a particular product, sometimes it does not match with the actual stock calculated based on the stock moves.

Has anyone faced this problem ? Or does anyone know the reason ?

I am facing something similarly weird, and is, that qty_available does not reflect quants sum.

Daniel Blanco
on 11/21/16, 1:53 PM
Richard deMeester
On 12/7/16, 9:33 PM

There appears to be at least two issues, both bugs.

"Inventory Valuation" reports quants and which location they are currently in.  "Inventory at Date" reports moves and which location they moved in and out of, if they are "inward" or "outward".

Problem 1: "Inventory at Date" effectively finds internal moves, but "Inventory Valuation" does not.

eg. Order 5 and receive to "Stock".  Both reports list 5 at stock.  Move 5 from "Stock" to "Stock / Shelf 1".  Report 1 says 5 at "Stock / Shelf 1", report 2 says 5 at "Stock".

Problem 2: If a pack operation mismatches the stock move, then they think said items are at different places.  This is a biggie for my thinking, especially since base Odoo allows the following bad data to arise.

eg. Order 5 to be received to "Stock".  Before receiving, click the pencil icon and change the "pack" operations to receive to a different location "Stock / Shelf 1".  Report 1 says 5 at "Stock / Shelf 1" and report 2 says 5 at "Stock".  Now the two are out of sync, and availability / OH checks for various processes and procurements, depending on which they look at, are screwed and inconsistent....

Daniel Blanco
On 11/21/16, 3:11 PM

Take a look.. check if your stock location is correctly configured (son of physical location)

I double checked and its definitely configured correctly. I wonder if it is related to multi threading..

Bubba Jaber
on 11/27/16, 3:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/19/16, 9:04 AM
Seen: 183 times
Last updated: 12/7/16, 9:33 PM