Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Does anyone have a ready fix for View Error after a database restore?

By
Adam Dawoodjee
on 10/19/13, 2:40 AM 1,152 views

I just reinstalled OpenERP after backing up the DB, 1. I then created a DEMO DB, 2. downloded/Installed modules 3. Restored my DB

Everything else works just fine, but i keep getting the following error when I just open the Project Tab and any other Project related view:

"View error

Can't find field 'description_pad' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'project.task': * project.task.form.pad Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model"

Does anyone have a ready fix as am not an advanced user?

Actually the error i get first is the following: View error

Can't find field 'issue_count' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'project.project': * project.project.kanban.inherited

Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model

Afrtec Consulting, Adam Dawoodjee
on 10/19/13, 2:41 AM
Nhomar Hernandez
On 10/19/13, 6:47 PM

You should go and delete the views that you modified directly.

It is a very common error when you mix Views manually edited and new modules.

Other option is verfy in your code the xml reference mentionesd in your code (searching the chain "issue_count" in your addons path(s)

BTW, if you don put your code or all the conext of the error it is near to impossible help you, i can only share with you what the error means.

"You are inheriting a view who doesn't have the field that you take as pivote to show some other new field."

But BTW if you share with us revision of your code , and the modules you have installed is really more easy detect the problem.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/19/13, 2:40 AM
Seen: 1152 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM