Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Document type: Product, Operation: read

By
Maniganda
on 8/27/13, 11:18 AM 1,820 views

I Have a many2one field for product.product and there is only one group, If i click on man2one field i am getting the error as Document type: Product, Operation: read, If i enable the employee group then i am not getting any Error,

what is happening when a employee group is selected so that i can do the same thing for my customised group to achieve the solution

How to achieve the solution without selecting the employee group

Maniganda
on 8/27/13, 12:45 PM

i have the same problem when i click with a portal user on product

ANALYS4IT, Kris Coenen
on 9/17/13, 7:31 AM

did you finally find a solution?

sulzi
on 4/12/14, 12:02 PM
Ratnadeep
On 2/26/15, 6:12 AM

Its happening becase Employee Group has indirectly inherited base.group_user Group and in product.product class (addons/product/product.py), we have a float field named standard_price with attribute groups="standard_price".

So, if you enable Employee Group, you will inherit base.group_user and allow access to this float field but if you do not, you won't which the ACL's dont like and throw Product, Operation: read Error.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/27/13, 11:18 AM
Seen: 1820 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM