Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Do you need a specific cash drawer in order to work with OpenERP POS?

By
Marco
on 10/6/14, 7:13 PM 840 views

My boss recently bought a generic cash drawer.

EC-G5100-II-GREY from EC Line.

is tehre any way to integrate this with the POS and have it automatically open once I make a sale and cash needs to go in/out for payments and change?

Mario Arias Badila
On 10/7/14, 12:41 PM

Cash drawers are open thru an Esc/Pos command, send to the printer...

You need an Esc/Pos compatible POS printer, and connect there the cash drawer...

Regards,

-Mario

Is the POS box mandatory in order to operate it? I read that you need an RJ25 cable in order to connect it, but the cash drawer that we got has an RJ11 one. Maybe you can use the RJ11 one if you use something different to the POS box?

Marco
on 10/8/14, 4:19 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/6/14, 7:13 PM
Seen: 840 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM