Odoo Help

distributed architecture?

By
eric machine
on 6/13/13, 3:03 PM 1,579 views

Hi everyone,

I have 3 sites (each with different business scope) and 1 HQ.

All 3 sites are on remote areas with very slow internet access. It's quite unstable and unpredictable.

Thus I have no choice to setup each site and HQ to have OpenERP server installation.

All the 3 sites will do batch push data to HQ at 2.00 a.m. That's the only way I can think of as I can't push data on real time basis especially peak hours.

On the next morning, I can consolidate all data into my HQ OpenERP and view the progress on each business on my OpenERP 7 dashboard.

My questions:-

a. Since I will have 4 OpenERP server installations (and 3 sites pushing data into HQ), how can I design my OpenERP 7 databases to work for my situation above?

b. Can I do a batch push updates from the 3 sites to HQ? Is there something which I can tweak to make this work?

At the end of the day, I would like to consolidate all the accounting at HQ which is what I really need.

Can such distributed architecture work for OpenERP 7?

Any help? Thanks.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/13/13, 3:03 PM
Seen: 1579 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM