Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

distributed architecture?

By
eric machine
on 6/13/13, 3:03 PM 1,266 views

Hi everyone,

I have 3 sites (each with different business scope) and 1 HQ.

All 3 sites are on remote areas with very slow internet access. It's quite unstable and unpredictable.

Thus I have no choice to setup each site and HQ to have OpenERP server installation.

All the 3 sites will do batch push data to HQ at 2.00 a.m. That's the only way I can think of as I can't push data on real time basis especially peak hours.

On the next morning, I can consolidate all data into my HQ OpenERP and view the progress on each business on my OpenERP 7 dashboard.

My questions:-

a. Since I will have 4 OpenERP server installations (and 3 sites pushing data into HQ), how can I design my OpenERP 7 databases to work for my situation above?

b. Can I do a batch push updates from the 3 sites to HQ? Is there something which I can tweak to make this work?

At the end of the day, I would like to consolidate all the accounting at HQ which is what I really need.

Can such distributed architecture work for OpenERP 7?

Any help? Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/13/13, 3:03 PM
Seen: 1266 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM