Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Display Margin in Sales Order for Select Group?

Damian Phang
on 5/26/14, 8:21 PM 1,728 views

How do I go about allowing Margin in Sales order to be displayed only to select group of users? I don't want every single person with access to the sales module to be able to see the margin in a sales.

You can turn it off for everybody in the company by deticking Settings --> Configuration --> Sales --> Quotations and Sales Orders -- Sale Features -- Display margin on sales orders (I do not have enough "Karma" to post the screenshot unfortunately)

Denise van der Linden-Morris
on 10/22/14, 6:37 PM
On 5/28/14, 12:41 PM

I am not sure, but you might need to add access to: product.pricelist.type, product.pricelist.item, product.pricelist.version and product.price.type

It is a matter of figuring out which access rights are needed and adding those to a new custom group. I am just going based on analysis between the Sales / User and Sales / Manager access rights. To know what is required for sure, look at the source for the sale_margin module.

The module installer indicates you might need to grant access to these views:

Created Views

* INHERIT sale.order.line.margin.view.form (form)
* INHERIT sale.order.line.tree.margin.view.form (form)
* INHERIT sale.order.margin.view.form (form)

On 1/3/16, 11:59 AM

You need to extend the sales view form and add the group to the margin field xml tag. You can create a module to add  that functionality.

Damian Phang
On 5/28/14, 11:42 AM

Bumping this. Would really like to be able to allow sales margin to be seen by certain group only and not by the whole company.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 5/26/14, 8:21 PM
Seen: 1728 times
Last updated: 1/3/16, 11:59 AM