Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

display data in openerp with out saving it in database

on 9/27/13, 9:32 AM 1,657 views

How can i display data that get in python function in my view? I dont want save it in database. Example i have a list with [{name:'aa','size':'0'},{name:'ab',size:'1'}] how can i display this values in the form of tree view in xml? Any one please help !!

| 3 2 6

Having 8+ years of OpenERP Experience. We are Specialized in OpenERP/CRM Solutions, software development, Web development, E commerce solutions & other open source solutions.

Email : info@acespritech.com

On 9/27/13, 11:01 AM

You can create function field & display data in form or tree view. It won't be there in database.
Refer Function field for more information.

@Acespritech Thanks for your reply. How can i update values in function field during button click?

on 9/28/13, 2:07 AM

How can i update function field on button click. I want to display names of files in a directory on button click. i will get file names in a list . how can i show that in xml using function field ? Any one please help

on 9/28/13, 6:44 AM

You can write logic on button click method & write that data to function field.

on 9/28/13, 9:30 AM

@Acespritech i added a new question which contains my code.can you please check that and explain to me .how to write that data to function field on button click http://help.openerp.com/question/32498/how-to-update-function-field-on-button-click/?answer=32499#post-id-32499

on 10/3/13, 1:24 AM

I successfully completed the requirement using open erp web frame work http://planet.agilebg.com/docs/openerp-web/en/addons.html#extracting-strings

on 10/8/13, 7:08 AM

Thanks for sharing.

on 10/10/13, 7:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/27/13, 9:32 AM
Seen: 1657 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM