Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

display a field from another module

By
open erp
on 8/12/14, 1:39 PM 665 views

In Delivery Orders I'm trying to display the loc_rack field next to each product name.

The Delivery Order has the Product_ID field, but how do I use that field and tell it "hey, give me the loc_rack field that is associated with that Product ID in a different module"?

Alex Gallien
On 8/12/14, 5:57 PM

Have you made a custom module yet? That will need to be your first step if not.

What you will need to do is add a new field to Delivery Orders like so:

'del_loc_rack': fields.related('product_id', 'loc_rack', type='char', string="Rack Location")

Then add that to an .xml file that inherits the Delivery Order view, and place the field 'del_loc_rack'. Hope that helps!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/12/14, 1:39 PM
Seen: 665 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM