This question has been flagged
4 Replies

[Question, re: the Inventory module]

I realized recently when running the Inventory Valuation report (compute: Current Inventory), that a high-value item shows a quantity of -1, value -$35,000 (the negative value of the item).

How is this possible when the product detail page for that same item shows a quantity of 0 (for On Hand & Forecasted)?

Any ideas on where to look for the cause of discrepancy?

~John
Odoo 11.0-20180613 (Community Edition)

Discard
Best Answer

Review the Product Moves for this Product via the Reporting Menu.

Negative Inventory Valuation is most often caused by processing documents that result in returning (or selling) more items than you have (user error).

Discard
Best Answer
I had somehow accidentally modified a Vendor as a Transit location when playing with multiple warehouses 

Here with same actions made. How did you set on hand quantity correct under product valuation?

Discard
Best Answer

I have a similar issue.  Can you please tell me how to correct it in Odoo 13EE?  I can't seem to figure it out, I'm not a Odoo expert.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for your response, Ray.  The Product Moves doesn't seem out of the ordinary; I have the same number going out as coming in.

That said, If I had sold more items than I had, wouldn't that mean BOTH the current inventory valuation report AND the product detail page for that item would show a quantity of -1 (as opposed to the discrepancy between the two I mentioned earlier)?

~~~

UPDATE: The Product Moves in conjunction with the Inventory Valuation for move dates pointed me to the issue.  I had somehow accidentally modified a Vendor as a Transit location when playing with multiple warehouses, which allowed me to force a receipt for quantity, but set a discrepancy with the valuation, which turned negative when I attempted to sell the product I "had" in the Product Detail (qty from 1 to 0), but "did not have" in the Inventory Valuation (qty from 0 to -1).

Discard