Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Discount Calculation from the Total amount

pos
By
sridhar
on 5/17/13, 10:42 AM 3,408 views

Now pos discount is in individually product but i want total amount discount calculation. for example if i have 5 products A, B, C, D E, Each product total amount is 500, i need a discount is 5% is 475 is need please tell me the solution for that. i don't dont want to put the discount amount for individual product.

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/17/13, 11:14 AM

In this case you want to use pricelist.

Pricelists can be added/modified at: Sales -> Pricelist. If you cannot see this, your account needs to have enabled the option 'Technical Features' (Settings -> Users -> Select the user -> Go to 'Access Rights').

On the customer you can define a default pricelist, in this case 5% discount.

i need to put POS how it is work, discount amount is different for every customer then how can i use pricelist concept here...

sridhar
on 5/18/13, 1:43 AM

If you know in advance all the different discounts you want to give, each discount is its own pricelist. If the list of discounts is quite big (everything between 0 and 50%, in steps of 0.1%), you might want to use a script to create all the pricelists.

patrick
on 5/20/13, 3:14 PM

how to create price lists in pos.

sridhar
on 5/21/13, 1:36 AM

I'm stuck with the same question already for month. Currently POS doesn't support pricelist different than the default per shop. It would be nice if someone can write a module for POS to use pricelist per customer. Like this you can have customers with 10%, 20%... discounts, and select them with their EAN code (can be used for client badge)

Branimir
on 12/18/13, 12:43 PM
Keenmeng Lew
On 5/20/16, 1:58 AM

Have a look at this - https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/point_of_sale/advanced/manual_discount.html.

KM

Nilim
On 2/25/16, 1:06 AM

Hi Sridhar,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you which might cater to your needs are as follows:-

1)Firstly,by default global discount is not available in Odoo POS 8

2)Discount can be applied to individual products only

3)In order to apply discount globally i.e. on the total amount customization is required

We have already developed a customized module on POS Discounts. It has been used and appreciated by various clients globally. You can view a demo of our POS Discount module on

\https://store.webkul.com/Odoo/POS-Point-of-Sale/Odoo-POS-Order-Discount.html

Hope this helps

Cheers!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/13, 10:42 AM
Seen: 3408 times
Last updated: 5/20/16, 1:58 AM