Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Discard button is not working properly when duplicating an instance of an object

By
mehdi
on 6/10/15, 4:16 PM 407 views

when i duplicate an instance of an object the button discard don't work and registration takes effect without using the save button. please can you give me one exemple using copy methode to correct this error.

This is the default working mechanism of COPY/DUPLICATE in Odoo. def copy() will create the record and then it shows the user interface.

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 6/11/15, 1:07 AM

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 6/11/15, 3:40 AM

The object is first duplicated in the database (i.e. the record is duplicated and created in database) and then new created record will be displayed in an edit mode to let use to change anything.

"Discard" button discards any subsequent changes done by use.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/10/15, 4:16 PM
Seen: 407 times
Last updated: 6/11/15, 3:40 AM