Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Directory sturcture for openerp7 in ubuntu?

By
Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/13/14, 4:09 AM 981 views

Helllo There..

I just want to know that like in Windows OS, we have installable files, setup.exe, and we know where databses go and where all files are created i.e. C://programfiles etc....

OK.... It seems and works fine for me if I install soruce files of openerp7 on Ubuntu becuse I know which directories I have created, which users, and where are all files stored and in which manner etc....

But...

When I installed a package today i.e. debian package and called it from :

echo "deb http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/deb/ ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list

and then updated my list after installing openerp..... Openerp, then, was installed and all things took place itself becasue debian package had all the needed commands for dependies and et.all...

I just want to know that

What is directory structure hierarchy of Openerp(Odoo) in Ubuntu... In which folders files go and how can they be accessed..(server files, addons, database files, and all stuff.. services etc that we have in windows).. And how can we make good edits of codes ...

This is am asking Specifically for DEBIAN AND RPM PACKAGES..Becasue I know they are installed into the system and I have to look for each file separately from dpkg and ofcourse takes time and I am on wrong way...

PLEASE GUIDE

Thanks a lot

Leonardo Donelli

--Leonardo Donelli--
| 5 4 8
Cave, Italy
--Leonardo Donelli--

Physics student and part-time developer.

Leonardo Donelli
On 11/13/14, 7:59 AM

There are various ways to show the contents of a .deb package and where each file is put, for example try "dpkg -c package.deb", and something similar exists surely for rmp too.

http://serverfault.com/questions/96964/list-of-files-installed-from-apt-package

Thx Leonardo.. Thx a lot.. Will surely igve a visit to your link... and will practice your given command too Thx

Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/14/14, 9:39 AM

Hey There Leonardo.. See. I used this command sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/deb/ ./' >> /etc/apt/sources.list" and debian is put in sources.list now How can I view files now of thi debian package that which files it has? and where are they getting installed

Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/16/14, 12:41 AM
Mitul
On 11/13/14, 12:17 PM

May be you are asking for location --- > /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp

Thx Mitul.. for directory but i needed to know structure for debian

Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/14/14, 9:38 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/13/14, 4:09 AM
Seen: 981 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM