We have a client who needs a shop to sell pieces of MDF, Melamine, Wood, etc. online. This is how their clients place an order:
- Choose the material
- Choose the color (materials come in different colors)
- Choose the dimention
- Lenght, width and thickness
- Clients get to choose Imperail or Metric system
- I like to show a rectangle for preview with sizes around it
- Choose the clipped edges that client needs
- Add to shopping cart
The price will be calculated based on a formula with variants like material, thickness, number of cuts, etc. My question is:
- Can I accomplish this task using existing modules for e-commerce?
- If no, what is the best way to do it? edit shop modules, create new ones, create blocks?
There are modules available that will help you close the gap but it is unlikely you are going to find anything that will solve your exact business problem. A good strategy could be to build on the new variants structures that are available in Odoo 8. From the tone of your post you are expecting customers to place these orders with somewhat of a wizard walkthrough. If this is so then you will likely need to spend some effort in designing the right process flow to assist the customer in designing their custom product.
If this is an internal shop system then you would have training opportunities that would allow you to create an efficient solution yet not require the polish of something an end customer may use.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 10/16/14, 11:29 AM|
|Seen: 727 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|