Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Difficulty installing mass-editing and OCA server modules.

By
Andrew Talviste
on 1/28/15, 4:55 PM 880 views

I've followed the instructions a this link: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2014/09/how-to-install-openerp-odoo-8-on-ubuntu-server-14-04-lts/ and I git cloned both massediting and the OCA repos into my addon path and then I stopped and started the server, and refreshed the modules list but I odn't see any new modules. 

When I use the web interface to manually install the modules I get this error for the mass editing module:

Error while importing module 'mass_editing': "Module loading mass_editing failed: file /tmp/tmpkhzJCy/mass_editing/security/ir.model.access.csv could not be processed:\n Line 1 : No matching record found for external id 'model_mass_object' in field 'Object'"

and this error when I attempt to install the OCA tools:

Error while importing module 'server-tools': "'depends'"

Any advice?

Fouric
On 1/28/15, 6:38 PM

on which version of odoo are you running ? for me OCA modules work fine on Odoo v8  nightly build 20th december 2014

I am using the most recent build as I just pulled from git the other day. I also tried this with the .deb package provided from the odoo website and it said the same thing.

Andrew Talviste
on 1/28/15, 6:42 PM

Try to use an older version of the nightly build maybe..

Fouric
on 1/28/15, 6:46 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/28/15, 4:55 PM
Seen: 880 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM