This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm trying to use Odoo to create quotes. I have a product that has many attributes that would create way too many variant combinations.  Because of this, I'm not generating the variants always. I am generating them only when they are added to a sales order. Because I am doing this using code, I need to create the variants using the API before adding them to the quote. However, I am having difficulty understanding how to do so. If anyone has implemented this before or can think of an alternative solution, it would be appreciated.

Discard

Do you know that automatic Variant creation (for every combination) can *already* be configured to be: "on", "off" or "only when the product is added to a sales order" ?

Ray - Yes I am aware but not sure if this is possible for our product.  There are at least 18 attributes with 3 or more value choices. I believe that would result in too many variants. Can you confirm if there is a maximum amount of variants? Whether that be a maximum in general or a maximum you can create at once?

The theoretical limit is the data type of the one2many, so more than you'd ever need. The practical limit is maintainability and performance. I don't have a good handle on either of those though. If you think it isn't possible, maybe you are right.