Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Different variants prices

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 11/20/14, 5:00 PM 5,215 views

Hello there, 

I have a product.template PPP.

This product has 2 variants : V1 and V2.

I want a different public price for V1 and V2. 

But if I edit V1 and I save a public price, this price is applied to PPP, V1 and V2.... Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Is it the same thing for you?

Real problem here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See image. this is a variant product. I want to change the public price here. But if I change it there, it will replace the price of the main product an all the other variants of this main product. If this field public price exists, I think it should work no?

I have made a dream this night. And in my dream, I saw exactly the sentence of John Doe! Now, I understand that the base price (public price) for all the variants of a product will ALWAYS be the same. Thanks dear misters for all your comments.

Pascal Tremblay
on 11/21/14, 5:30 AM
Hamid Darabi
On 11/20/14, 5:13 PM

I think you need to use "Attribute Price Extra"

Products --> Product1 --> Variants sheet --> Variat Prices --> Click on each variant row and change the "Attribute Price Extra"

It doesn't work the same way. And it doesn't solve the problem. The price extra is added to the product price no?

Pascal Tremblay
on 11/20/14, 5:16 PM

Assign the base price to your product and for first variant don't put any extra price but for your second variant put a number. On your product page in online shop you will see all the different variants of your product and a additional price for those that have a different price. It works perfectly for me.

Analystik, Hamid Darabi
on 11/20/14, 5:20 PM

Yes, what you say works. But, I consider that this is not exactly what I asked no? It's a workaround....

Pascal Tremblay
on 11/20/14, 5:25 PM

So maybe I didn't understand the question ;) create a database with sample data and you will see this is how Odoo manages different prices for different variants. But as you said, you need something else that I don't understand. I hope you find a proper answer soon.

Analystik, Hamid Darabi
on 11/20/14, 5:52 PM

With your method, extra price, you need a base price. After, you add the extra price for each variant. ok But I don't want to add a extra price to the base price, I want TO REPLACE the base price for each variants.

Pascal Tremblay
on 11/20/14, 5:56 PM

Pascal in Odoo the base price would be the same for all variants. So, you cannot replace base price for each variant because there is no such thing. As Hamid has pointed out, you control the price of the variant using the price_extra field. You have another field that you can use to control variant price, i.e. price_margin which is a ratio of list_price (default is 1.0).

Ivan
on 11/20/14, 10:34 PM

but where is the place to add that extra price? I cannot find the field to do this!

Daniel Blanco
on 4/19/15, 9:42 AM
Rémy Lannemajou
On 10/6/16, 6:58 AM

Well, to shed some lights on this... 

Price of variants in Odoo are not related to variants... 

They're defined as "base Price +/- price of each atttribute" you put in your variant. 

So that's a shame we can set price in Sales> Products>Products name>Variants Prices as it just applies on product template and not only on variant like we all wish.. 

the menu "Variant prices" should be labeled "attribute price" as that's what it does... 

This architecture doesn't fit many business models.. 

We have list_price for product_template, lst_price in product.product ( variant)  interrelated

and price_extra to define attribute value

How hard can it be to add or replace a variant_price to define the variant value on arbitrary call ? 

IT Libertas
On 3/14/16, 10:01 AM

Perhaps, this module https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/variant_price_system/ would be of use to you

Nilim
On 2/22/16, 1:30 AM

Hi Pascal,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you which might cater to your needs are as follows:-

1. Firstly, if public price of any of the variant is changed then it will automatically impact the product template and also other variants Public Price.

2. This is because Sale Price of Product Template and Public Price of Variants are interrelated.

For e.g. a 100$ increase in the Public Price of any of variants of any particular product will lead to increase of 100$ in the Product template as well as in all variants

3. If you want to have different Public Price for different variants you need to set prices of variants by going to “Variants Prices” in the product form. This can be done by following Sales> Products>Products>Variants Prices.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 2/21/16, 3:01 AM

If I were a developer, I would have developed a small module for that purpose at first shot. It should be possible to choose if one would like to show the variant extra price as extra price or as computed total price.

Daniel Blanco
On 5/3/15, 8:22 PM

I've found a possible workaround to this: put the product template price in "$0", so that you can put prices for each variant as a plus. The problem with this, is it does not appear nice for the website, because de price for the global view of products stays at "0", untill you use the attribute

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/20/14, 5:00 PM
Seen: 5215 times
Last updated: 10/6/16, 6:58 AM