Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Different openerp version to my customers?

on 7/17/13, 7:24 AM 1,288 views

if you download openerp from Nightly OpenERP (http:// nightly.openerp. com/) existly list :

1-is that we must always work with the same version?

for example I installe openerp-7.0-xxxxxxxx-....tar.gz for my customer . customer decided to change the web host. i exported database and I downloaded openerp-7.0-20130716-....tar.gz if i imported the database to my new openerp instalation it displays errors incompatibility database.

2-Means in my production environment should keep several version of openerp :

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/18/13, 1:32 AM

Upgrade the database every time you upgrade the version of OpenERP.

Between major releases, this is done via a command-line argument to the openerp-server process.

openerp-server -d DB_NAME -u all
On 7/18/13, 5:43 AM

Thank you for your answer.

What exactly is the difference between these versions?

each version contains new functions or just improving and bug fixes ?

Just bug fixes. Very occasionally there is new functionality, but more often this is in the period soon after the main release. Since the upgrade process is supported automatically, there cannot be major changes.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/18/13, 1:49 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/17/13, 7:24 AM
Seen: 1288 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM