This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, My company offers services as well as products through an eshop. We use to have different series number for the sales : e.g. services invoices number are SERxxxx and product ones are PRODxxxx

Is there any easy way applying this in OpenERP ?

I would have an option that would be invoicing with the eshop separately but I'd rather think of a way to have everything in OpenERP.

Thanks

Discard

You can use sequence to generate your own serial number.

Best Answer

Hi NIcolas,

Yes you can do that by creating different Sales journal for each product category.

If you go to list of accounting journal you can find Sequence link on it where you can give your sequence.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer. Problem is that I'm in France and according to my accountant, we only can have one sale journal. Which bring some other problem concerning sale refund journal that doesn't exist in France but is part of Sales journal. Or maybe I don't understand the notion of journals in OpenERP...

Journal is like book where you keep your account entries/transactions so in OpenERP you have look on accounting entries by selecting journal and period. So you may have more than one sale journal. Please check with your accountant and let me know.

Author

Hello Mustufa and thank you very much for coming back to this question. Actually my accountant told me that it wouldn't be an option for official accountancy. But considering OpenERP problems with french accountancy, I plan to do official accountancy outside OpenERP and export accountancy writings to the external software. So it looks like using 2 sale journals maybe an option in this situation, as i would be to group the 2 journal after export.

Hi ,how can different Sales Journal be created for each product and service