Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Different currency rate for sale and for purchase

By
Kenneth Hansen
on 11/14/16, 6:24 AM 94 views

Hi

I am facing an issue where I need to have one rate when doing purchase in a given currency and another rate when doing sales with the same currency.

How would I complete this in Odoo?

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 11/14/16, 3:42 PM

my 2 cents:

1. Don't do it at all, that's not serious business

2. If you really have to do something like that, use either

- pricelists

- or create different currencies

Jerome Guerriat
On 11/14/16, 11:07 AM

I would add a boolean or a selection field on the currency rate object.
That boolean or selection field could be used to determine if the rate is for buying or for selling.

Then, in the CRON action that retrieves the rates, i would duplicate every rate that are created (since we now need one for buying, one for selling)

Then of course, in every module that uses the currency rates, you will have to redefines the way odoo search for a currency rate, since he can't know which one you need to use :)    

This will create a true mess from the accounting point of view.

Ermin Trevisan
on 11/14/16, 3:37 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/14/16, 6:24 AM
Seen: 94 times
Last updated: 11/14/16, 3:42 PM