Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Different currency for each product cost and/or sale

By
Tom
on 12/2/14, 2:26 AM 3,305 views

Hello,

I'm trying to set up Odoo 8 but I face an issue with the product prices. I can set the sale price and cost price but I don't know how to set the currency. The currency might be different for cost and sale and it is not relating to a specific customer but to a specific product.

How can I, when creating a product, set up the price AND the currency without having to go into the price lists settings (which are really complicated to understand). I'm probably missing something... It cannot be so hard to set up a cost for each product.

Thank you for your help !

Zura Tsiklauri

--Zura Tsiklauri--
| 5 2 6
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Zura Tsiklauri--
Zura Tsiklauri
On 12/2/14, 2:46 AM

You can buy and sell the products in different currencies, but the cost of the product will always stay in the base currency in which you are working. This is because Odoo calculates the exchange rate losses and gains. So you should set the company currency and sale price, and purchase price will be in that currency. Than you can have pricelists in different currencies or otherwise your prices will be in the base currency. Otherwise you will not able to calculate exchange rate losses and gains. If you dont want to go everytime to pricelists, just use same pricelists for different customers and products in the currency you want or hide the 'Pricelist" field and use "Currency" field(This needs minor work on code") 

Tom
On 12/2/14, 3:39 AM

Thank you for your answer. Is there a way to make it easy ? Without modification, how should I fill the form ? I have no Pricelist field appearing...

For example, my base currency is EUR. If I receive a quotation in USD should I convert myself from USD to EUR and fill the "cost price" field with the Euro converted amount? What about the sell price if it is in GBP? 

Thanks again for your help

No no, You are not converting anything. Cost price will be automatically updates in EUR. You are just choosing USD price list in purchase quotation. You should activate in settings(In sales and purchase settings): Manage pricelists. Then Create as many pricelists as currencies your work with. Call the Pricelists: EUR, USD, GBP. Then, If you have a Purchase Quotation in USD, Odoo will automatically purchase in USD and record a cost in EUR. The if u have a sales quotation in GBP, choose GBP Price List and Sales Order and Invoice will be in GBP. In order to control the exchange rates in real time you should install the module: currency_rate_update and configure it as you wish.

Zura Tsiklauri
on 12/2/14, 7:29 AM

Ok, Thank you !

Tom
on 12/2/14, 9:01 PM

I am sorry but I really do not understand how it works. I tried and created as many pricelists as currency I work with. Then I created a purchase order to a supplier with a pricelist in USD and set a price of 10. Now in my product card, the cost price is still at 0.00 and the supplier does not appear as a supplier for this product. Am I missing something?

Tom
on 12/3/14, 6:20 AM

Take a look to my answer about product_price_currency module. I think it will solve your problem, because will allow you to have the currency selector available.

Daniel Blanco
on 4/9/15, 6:35 PM
Daniel Blanco
On 4/8/15, 4:46 PM

Try this module: product_price_currency

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/product_price_currency/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/2/14, 2:26 AM
Seen: 3305 times
Last updated: 6/20/15, 6:50 PM