This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have 3 companies:

company 1 - currency is cny company 2 - currency is hkd company 3 - currency is czk

all companies sell in USD and EUR and their own currencies

all companies are located in different countries and have different rates of USD and EUR in their countries

as i understand i need to make copy of USD and EUR for all companies

config:

set for CNY: company = company 1, rate = 1, base = 1 set for HKD: company = company 2, rate = 1, base = 1 set for CZK: company = company 3, rate = 1, base = 1

make 2 copy of USD and EUR (i need 3 variants of USD and EUR)

USD for c1, c2, c3 EUR for c1, c2, c3

but i think it's not good to make copy of currencies !!!!

THE QUESTION IS : how can i use 1 shared list of currencies for all companies in my config ?

other words - i want to create different rates for companies and i do not want to create copy of currency.

----old question----- My situation: i have multi-company ant try to use different currency exchange rates for each of my companies but i can find how to set it. Currency has an company field but i don't want to duplicate each currency that i use in 2 or more companies.

Example: in Company_1 i have Currency_1 as main currency and i need to set rate to 1 and Currency_2 rate is 1.324 in Company_2 i have Currency_2 as main currency and i set Currency_2 rate to 1 ...... in Company_X i have Currency_X - Currency_X rate is 1, Currency_1 , 2 .... may be not 1

Discard
Best Answer

That's not how it works. You need to have one base currency with the rate "1" and all the others are based on it. Then you can use whatever default and additional currencies in your companies. The fact that Company_2 uses a default currency that is not the base currency is not a problem.

Discard