This question has been flagged

I have a single company with 15 shops. Each shop is the same company. The accounting department uses different charts of account for all shops in their old setup. Is there a way OpenERP can assign a different chart of accounts to a shop but still remain a single company configuration? Mutli-company adds its own problems, as accounting users will be switching companies for every other invoice if I make each shop it's own company. They've already stated they don't want to continually switch companies to pay invoices and do those kinds of functions.

So is it possible to setup each shop with it's own chart of accounts?

Discard

You don't necessarily need to switch company (in user preferences) if you work in several companies. All you need is to have the access to the companies you're supposed to have access to in Settings > Users > Allowed companies, and have the multi-company checkbox checked. This will display the company dropdown that you can modify when you make an invoice.

Author

I thought if a user wanted to pay invoices for another company, they would need to be under that company to pay the invoice or else the account_ids won't match. From what I understand, you're saying that's not the case?

Author

Sorry I forgot to mention this was v7

You have to realize that there is an on_change on the accounts used when you change the company. Just test on runbot with the admin user. Create an invoice, and change the company. It will change the account accordingly if the COA is set up. This means that you could have each of your shops under a different company if you need them to have a different COA.

Author

Ok I will try it. My partner just reminded me it was on a support call where we were told we had to use preferences to switch between companies in order to pay invoices. We were having access denied issues prior to that and it solved it for us.

There are several different ways of solving a problem.

Best Answer

No.  One company = one chart.  

Discard
Author

I figured. Just wanted to ask.