Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Difference between Manufacture and Make to order

By
Hariharan Gopalan
on 8/26/14, 1:57 PM 3,881 views

I am trying to configure odoo for a custom sign shop and wondering what the difference between Make to order and manufacture is regarding handing of products.

@Hariharan, I recommend you take a look at the "Working with OpenERP" book, or refer to the other free resource: http://openerpbook.com/. I've used the kindle book to learn some of the basics and it is very useful for understanding answers to the basic functionality of Odoo.

Luke Branch
on 8/27/14, 1:53 AM

@Luke I am assuming you're suggesting this book because you know it has the answer to this question. Surely that means you also know the answer to the question, and could answer it? Odoo is changing too fast for books to hold the definitive guides. We need to create online resources, not rely on media with longer turnovers than a significant Odoo release.

Will Stott
on 11/12/14, 6:23 AM

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 8/26/14, 2:54 PM

Hi Hariharan,

• Make order : is the way to tell the system to do cross docking. That means maker order allows you to not get stock of products. When customer ask 5PCE, odoo don't take them from stock but run purchase order to buy and bring them for deliver customer;
  • Manufacture : every company have two main ways to procure himself in product : buy with supplyers or product(manufacture) it himself.
  • you can manufacture products by maker order option. That mean you run manufacturing order only if customer confirms sale order.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/26/14, 1:57 PM
Seen: 3881 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM