Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Development Mode / Create Module

By
dave ellis
on 2/6/13, 4:55 PM 1,894 views

Within 5.x and 6.x, you could create a module within the system in settings. Then using the developer mode, create the various screens. Where is this available in 7?

I cannot comment on the below, but how does one then create new modules? Is it via Python only?

dave ellis
on 2/6/13, 5:45 PM
Danimar Ribeiro
On 2/8/13, 1:16 PM

You still can do the most of that activating technical features in the user. Go to Users -> Edit User and Activate Technical Features. Go to System Settings.

I never knew this existed! If I missed it in the docs, sorry if not please add it in :)

dave ellis
on 2/12/13, 4:38 PM
Alan Bell
On 2/6/13, 5:42 PM

base _module _record has been dropped now, but there is a developer mode, click your name in the top right and go to about openerp and there is a link to activate developer mode. This makes the javascript a lot more readable and gives you handy links on objects to edit their view definitions etc.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/6/13, 4:55 PM
Seen: 1894 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM