Odoo Help

Kurt Haselwimmer
On 7/12/14, 2:38 AM

Whilst this is not a theme in Odoo's formal definition on the term, due to the lack of a clear specification for creating full-blown odoo themes I have resorted to applying my own stylesheets to override the bootswatch based ones that Odoo gives you out of the box. If you are on the Odoo Saas then you will need to store your stylesheet on your own domain. Once you have a css file you want to use to override what you are given simply use the html editor to edit the template 'Theme' like so (saas3):-

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<t name="Theme" t-name="website.theme">
    <link id="bootstrap_css" rel="stylesheet" href="/website/static/lib/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" t-ignore="true"/>
    <link id="website_css" rel="stylesheet" href="/website/static/src/css/website.css" t-ignore="true"/>
     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//www.mydomain.com/mycss.css"/>
</t>

You add the line in bold - it should then change the theme for all pages in your system. If you base your theme on the bootswatch css - then there's the least chance that future changes to the Odoo templates will not work with your theme.

In saas 5 and v8/saas6 there is no template called 'Theme' that can be accessed from the html editor. The template called 'Saas Website' seems to hold similar xpath instructions and you can instead put your stylesheet link immediately after the reference to saas_website.css.

Hope this is useful in the meantime.

Hi Kurt, I've put together some very basic instructions on how to get started with local theme development here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/new-bootstrap-theme-on-website-builder-58809

Luke Branch
on 7/30/14, 12:33 AM
Luke,

thanks for this - I am still finding it rather amazing that you are having to do this because odoo SA haven't. My experience of other ecommerce platforms, such as opencart and before that OScommerce, is that the simply paid-for themes created by designers are one of the key ways of promoting the platform - this is, after all what sites like templatemonster and envato have been doing for 10 years now. At the conference in June I got the impression that Odoo understood this and were going to produce a way to allow 1) data-only modules containing themes to be installed on their saas and 2) to find a way of allowing designers to be paid for these themes. Do this and they could open up a significant new market of SME online store-owners and publicity for their platform.

It is now nearly two months since that conference and we still don't have v8 officially released yet and no further news about customising themes - all very frustrating!

By the way - do you provide odoo services - it seems you know what you are doing with the ecommerce front-end when so many 'partners' here in the UK still seem to know next-to-nothing about it with the continual excuse that they are waiting for v8 to be released.

regards

Kurt

Hi Kurt, I've put together some very basic instructions on how to get started with local theme development here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/new-bootstrap-theme-on-website-builder-58809

--
Luke Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo. Access your messages and documents in Odoo

Hertford Developments Limited, Kurt Haselwimmer
on 7/30/14, 2:09 AM

Luke Branch

--Luke Branch--
| 7 8 8
Mui Wo, Lantau, Hong Kong
--Luke Branch--

Luke Branch
On 5/20/14, 2:13 AM

If anyone has any tips on theme file structure and method of packaging (eg. custom module) for the new CMS/E-Commerce features rolled out in v8 please let me know. I would like to begin working on custom bootstrap 3 themes for use with the website/e-commerce functionality, however i'm not sure where to start.

Nicolás Visús
On 2/14/14, 7:48 AM

I dont know of issue but I know that you can find the themes used in bootswatch.com. Maybe there you will find more information.

Furthermore you can configure to sell both businesses and individuals as I have been researching. That you do it from the moment you set configuring clients with a particular price list. Customers can "logging" as in the portal and prices would change for them.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

13 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/14/14, 6:35 AM
Seen: 14086 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM