This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I use Developer Mode to add and remove fields through Manage Views in Developer Mode. Now in Settings--> Companies in companies window in "Bank Account Section" add an item a new form will open i want to add a new field in here with the name "Bank Relationship Manager" but unfortunately in this form i can't see debug view window left top,so that i can go to manage view and can edit field why is that so ??

Discard
Best Answer

You have to find the original view to edit that. In this case go to: Sales>Configuration>Address Book>Bank Accounts. You can find debug menu there. I'm not sure why some pop-ups don't display debug mode, but if it's another object you can find the object in some menu.

If you can't find the menu, you can do this:

1. Activate Developer Mode
  2. Go to the form that you want to edit
  3. Place your cursor over some field and look for 'Object' (In this case: res.partner.bank)
  4. Go to Settings>Technical>User Interface>Views
  5. On search box write the object model (In this case: res.partner.bank)
  6. Select 'Search Object for: ' (In this case: 'Search Object for: res.partner.bank')

And you will find there all the views.

Note: Sometimes you are not going to find everything here because by code there are other ways to add some fields.

Discard
Author

Thank You Grover Menacho :) It worked fine for me but what if in my instance I don't need point of sale or any sale related module only need for Accounts&finance then what would be your answer Sir..

Answer updated

Author

Thanks Man:)

Author

Brother Grover how to edit fields and description through code can you please tell me ?? I am using Openerp7 for windows and it downloaded version not trunk version.actually i want to know the structure like if i give any attribute in .py file then how to retrieve it xml file and etc etc please guide me i will be very grateful to you:)