Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Developer Mode Restriotions

By
umer farooq
on 11/7/13, 9:15 AM 1,601 views

Hello,

I use Developer Mode to add and remove fields through Manage Views in Developer Mode. Now in Settings--> Companies in companies window in "Bank Account Section" add an item a new form will open i want to add a new field in here with the name "Bank Relationship Manager" but unfortunately in this form i can't see debug view window left top,so that i can go to manage view and can edit field why is that so ??

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 11/7/13, 9:57 AM

You have to find the original view to edit that. In this case go to: Sales>Configuration>Address Book>Bank Accounts. You can find debug menu there. I'm not sure why some pop-ups don't display debug mode, but if it's another object you can find the object in some menu.

If you can't find the menu, you can do this:

1. Activate Developer Mode
  2. Go to the form that you want to edit
  3. Place your cursor over some field and look for 'Object' (In this case: res.partner.bank)
  4. Go to Settings>Technical>User Interface>Views
  5. On search box write the object model (In this case: res.partner.bank)
  6. Select 'Search Object for: ' (In this case: 'Search Object for: res.partner.bank')

And you will find there all the views.

Note: Sometimes you are not going to find everything here because by code there are other ways to add some fields.

Thank You Grover Menacho :) It worked fine for me but what if in my instance I don't need point of sale or any sale related module only need for Accounts&finance then what would be your answer Sir..

umer farooq
on 11/7/13, 11:51 AM

Answer updated

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 11/7/13, 4:29 PM

Thanks Man:)

umer farooq
on 11/8/13, 10:17 AM

Brother Grover how to edit fields and description through code can you please tell me ?? I am using Openerp7 for windows and it downloaded version not trunk version.actually i want to know the structure like if i give any attribute in .py file then how to retrieve it xml file and etc etc please guide me i will be very grateful to you:)

umer farooq
on 11/8/13, 12:36 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/7/13, 9:15 AM
Seen: 1601 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM