This question has been flagged
1 Reply
Objective: To know what our “Booked” sales are. 
Version: 11 Enterprise Self Hosted
Detail: Presently, I often try to track what our estimated sales are for the year, to compare against our top-line sales target. 
Billed Sales: A sales that has been invoiced. The total amount of billed sales for the year can be read from the profit and loss statement. 
Booked Sales: Sales orders that have been created but haven’t been invoiced yet. I can estimate from there what our year end revenues will be; i.e. assume that all orders will be billed within the next 3 months. 

What I’m struggling with is a way to find out what our booked sales are. It is complicated by the fact that we bill down-payments. So the sales orders are partially invoiced. 

Years ago, this was done by using a field named “rate” that represented a percentage of the sales order that was booked.

How does one determine Booked and un-invoiced sales?
Discard
Best Answer

Hi Phillip,

Amount to invoice is available in the sale report.

In Sales -> Reporting -> Sales, in the top left the Measures has a field called Amount to Invoice.

Regards,

Jake Robinson

Discard
Author

I never heard back from my client as to whether or not this approach really provided what he was looking for. However it seems reasonable to me. Thanks a lot Jake