Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Detailed location information on picking list Odoo 8.0

By
Jamie
on 1/13/15, 1:37 PM 1,205 views

When printing a picking list from a sales order, no location details of the products are present on the picking list. It only says WH/Stock. The location of the product is for example WH/Stock/Row2/Rack5 and I'd like that to be on the picking list. How can I accomplish that?

Thx in advance

Aftab Naveed
On 7/25/16, 3:57 PM

@Jamie I am having exactly the same issue and agree with your opinion, are you able to find a solution to that yet?

Cliff Kujala
On 1/21/15, 9:53 AM

You need to modify your Qweb report view for the stock.picking report.

1. Login to a user with Technical Features enabled.  Navigate to Settings / Reports / Reports.
  2. Choose the Picking report.
  3. Click Search associated QWeb views
  4. Backup the report_picking view by duplicating it and naming report_picking_backup
  5. Modify the XML table so that it shows you the information you are looking for.

Note: I did not dig into exactly which fields you will need to pull to output the Rack/Shelf/Bin as setup on your products.  For that, you should reference https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/qweb.html

Jamie
On 1/21/15, 5:43 AM

In Demo I noticed that when viewing the delivery order and from here printing the picking list the source of the product [A1232] iPad Mini is WH/Stock. If I then choose transfer, the correct and complete source location WH/Stock/Shelf 1 is shown in a popup. Going back to the delivery order by choosing cancel and then printing the picking list again, the complete source location is shown WH/Stock/Shelf 1. Weird, because I chose cancel so there was no status change. 

I would like the complete source location on the picking list without choosing transfer (and then cancel) first. The correct order in my opinion is:

1. choose Delivery Order
  2. print Picking List (with complete source location)
  3. pick products in stock
  4. choose transfer in Delivery Order

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/13/15, 1:37 PM
Seen: 1205 times
Last updated: 7/25/16, 3:57 PM