This question has been flagged
2 Replies
Author Best Answer

I have now resolved the issue - Accounting module/Adviser/Chart of Accounts. The particular account had been checked as "deprecated" - simple just to uncheck the box and leave - relevant supplier bills now validated etc...

Discard

As I said. But you should ask yourself why such an account was deprecated. This does not happen magically. Usually somebody has done that on purpose because the reason to do that is to avoid posting to the account. Anyway, this is not an issue as the software exactly does what it was asked to do.

Understood – I have highlighted this issue in this particular case but at present the cause remains shrouded in mystery!!

Sent: 24 January 2017 19:13
To: Andrew Eastham <Andrew.Eastham@smart-ltd.co.uk>
Subject: Re: "Deprecated account" stops validaiton of payment to a supplier v10 What are deprecated accounts and how to avoid them?

As I said. But you should ask yourself why such an account was deprecated. This does not happen magically. Usually somebody has done that on purpose because the reason to do that is to avoid posting to the account. Anyway, this is not an issue as the software exactly does what it was asked to do.

--
Ermin Trevisan

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

Best Answer

Deprecated accounts are "deleted" accounts. As it is not possible to really delete accounts (or any other core data) in a system with relational interdependencies, core data has to be depreciated instead of deleted. You can easily avoid them by not depreciating them.

Discard