Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Delivery order to invoice

By
Dale
on 3/25/14, 1:44 PM 1,262 views

Hi

Hoping someone can help with this:

Using OpenERP 7 with Warehouse and Accounting modules. I am creating a delivery order via Warehouse -> Delivery order. Once I have made the delivery order I confirm and deliver the products. Then I want to create an invoice from this delivery order so I go to the delivery order list, check the box next to the relevant order and under the "More" option I select create draft invoices. However when I click this I get an error back saying "The picking list does not require invoicing". Obviously this is a setting somewhere that I am overlooking.

What setting have i missed? I have selected under settings -> warehouse the 2 options 1. Generate accounting entries per stock movement and 2, create and open the invoice when finishing a delivery order

Is there another way around? I do not see an invoice button anywhere on my delivery orders

Thanks

Weste
On 3/25/14, 1:56 PM

Hi,

Usually, you begin with a Sale Order. There you can define how you want to invoice the sale (order_policy field). You confirm the sale.order, and then you get the delivery order. If you create directly a Delivery Order, the invoice_state is set to "No invoice needed" (I don't have the exact english terms) as you can see in the tree view. Maybe you can modify the Delivery Order form view to be able to modify the invoice_state field.

Hope it helps.

Yeah thanks Weste. That makes sense. Then with consignment stock I can create the delivery order and the invoice later

Dale
on 3/25/14, 2:05 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/25/14, 1:44 PM
Seen: 1262 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM