Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Delivery method requires associated product? [Closed]

By
Sean Samborski
on 12/18/13, 5:00 PM 1,817 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 12/19/2013 12:50:36

I'm trying to setup a delivery method and it's forcing me to select an associated product. Perhaps I'm not understanding what delivery methods are.

Let's say I want to add FedEx, UPS, and USPS as delivery methods. On each sales order they should be able to select the method they want, regardless of what products are in the order.

What I'm thinking is maybe it's trying to force an association in case a certain product requires a specific method of delivery. Like I sell sheds and require FedEx for all shed sales because they're so big.

I don't have anything like this, however, so I just want to create the delivery methods and let the salesperson choose.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 12/18/13, 7:50 PM

The product is needed so the charge for the delivery can be properly recorded (showing on an invoice as a line item - adding the delivery 'product' to the invoice)

You can use the same product for all methods if you wish to keep things simple.

I see that now. Thanks. It's for flat price shipping and so that's where I wasn't understanding the flow.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/18/13, 8:43 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/18/13, 5:00 PM
Seen: 1817 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM