Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Deleting user that was created by Sharing a document

Carlton Guc
on 1/23/15, 9:09 AM 806 views

I'm testing sharing and while I can share, what I really need to know is what is shared, and more importantly how to delete not only the user, but any documents that were shared.

I've traced out how the User and Group is created and have the ability to view what is shared.   But when I try to back that out and when I try to delete the shared user, I get:

"Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following:
- deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it
- creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: share.wizard.result.line - share.wizard.result.line]"

How do I back out of something I shared?

On 1/23/15, 2:35 PM

Why don't you set this user to inactive ?

On 1/7/16, 5:04 AM

go to Settings->Technical->Actions->User defined defaults, find all items related sharing and remove them, and then you can delete the user and group 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/23/15, 9:09 AM
Seen: 806 times
Last updated: 5/31/16, 6:36 PM