This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Version 9.0c (Community Edition)

I'm just playing with odoo, making tests before the real work starts. I created a table, then the related menu. After a while I decided to delete the menu, but I got this validation error:

Odoo Warning - Validation Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following:

- deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it

- creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: wizard.ir.model.menu.create - wizard.ir.model.menu.create]

I spent some time searching for the reason, deleting the submenu (on the right),  but I couldn't sort it out.

The funny is that few minutes before I deleted another test-menu with no problems.

TIA for your support

Discard

Because this error points to a data integrity issue I don't think the cause is the deleted menue! In other words the operation is harming the data model of your or other tables.

Author Best Answer

I reply here to both Lucas and Hamza. I went back on my steps, rebuilding a couple of submenu I have deleted before, thus I was able to re-delete all my test stuff. Now the main menu is clean and back to the original state. Thank you for your support.

Discard
Best Answer

i there. Not sure if it helps you or not. But if I were you, I would note this:.

[object with reference: wizard.ir.model.menu.create - wizard.ir.model.menu.create]

Where it says wizard.ir.model.menu.create, I would go to the developer mode, and search in models/views or other places for this and try to fix it from the python coding there. You can try that. There is definitely something there, which has other records linked to them. Play with it a few more times, you'll get through it. I always did when playing with these validation errors.

Good Luck.

Discard