Odoo Help

Delete duplicate customer

By
Ronald Luna
on 7/10/13, 1:45 PM 2,395 views

Is there a way to delete all duplicates entries form the CRM customer table?

I imported a csv file into customers but at the end of the process it throw me an error so I tried again. When I looked into my customer directy they were all there but duplicate. is there a way to delete the duplicate or empty the table and start do a new import?

Ronald Luna
On 7/10/13, 2:44 PM

Understood. Thanks!

Abhishek
On 7/10/13, 2:30 PM

Hi, I think it will better open pgadmin and look your duplicate customer

SELECT name FROM res_partner GROUP By name HAVING ( COUNT(*) > 1 )

then you will find all the customer which is more then one in entry in customer table, and after this go in relevant python file of customer and put _sql_constraint for name or name or code combination so next time when you upload or create the same entry it will give a pop-up and will be not allowed to enter duplicate customer name.

IT Libertas

--IT Libertas--
| 4 3 7
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
--IT Libertas--

Visit us: itlibertas.com

IT Libertas is a team of developers and automation experts to help you to unlock Odoo ERP system's potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became a main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful implementations.

IT Libertas guarantees deadlines predictability and transparent pricing. We rely upon the best international practices and invest in local markets' study. That is why the company's services are in demand of European, Asian, American and African entrepreneurs.

We are open for cooperation and keep searching for new solutions to the end that IT Libertas clients go ahead of the curve, deal with less routine and generate more profit.

IT Libertas
On 7/13/16, 8:44 AM

It seem that this module - https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/crm_duplicates/ - would be of use

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/10/13, 1:58 PM

You have to do it manually or if you have access to postgresql you can make a SQL sentence to delete all the table

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/10/13, 1:45 PM
Seen: 2395 times
Last updated: 7/13/16, 8:44 AM