Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

delete all customers at once

By
Dale
on 5/30/13, 10:10 AM 2,660 views

Hi

I have run a big import that loaded thousands of records into my database but I need to run the import again from scratch. I have a large number of users defined fields that will take a very long time to recreate. Can I either:

Delete all customer records at once? OR Copy my user defined fields from my existing database to a new database?

Thanks

Laurens
On 5/30/13, 10:15 AM

I suppose uninstalling/reinstalling the CRM module would delete your contacts, but also any custom changes you made in your views. If you didn't make new modules for your changes, this is not recomended.

Bonnet Denis

--Bonnet Denis--
| 5 6 8
Vannes, France
--Bonnet Denis--

Engeneer at MGS Consulting Ouest at Vannes, FRANCE

Bonnet Denis
On 5/30/13, 10:36 AM

Did you try to select all your customers in list view and delete them?

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 5/30/13, 11:15 AM

Now that I think about it... how about marking the customers as Invalid? You only need to set the Active field to False

CORE B.P.O
On 5/30/13, 11:25 AM

Well the delete function is not a recommended one because of the moves dependent on either Customers\Suppliers\Accounts\ etc.

It's better to de-activate the customers and create new ones.

to do so, you can Use ODBC and MS Access to edit the table of res.partner, or do it one by one through openerp UI

Well you're right but in this case he just import all customers, so he can delete account in cascade, it's not a problem. What do you think?

Bonnet Denis
on 5/30/13, 12:00 PM
Dale
On 6/10/13, 1:39 PM

Thanks for your answers. I found a backup with just the custom fields in it and restored that. Would still like to know of a way to dump just the data though

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/13, 10:10 AM
Seen: 2660 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM