Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Define a new view for an existing model

By
José
on 12/16/14, 6:59 AM 526 views

Hello, I am developing a new module in Odoo 8 and I have a problem. If I want to define a new view for an existing model, how can I do? If I create a .xml view without specifying inherit_id, I get an error when I am installing the module "the <form.....> cannot be located in parent view". How can I define a new model for an existing view? Or do not I can do this?

Thanks!

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 12/16/14, 9:11 AM

I define view without specifying inherit_id, in my module, like this, without problems?!

<record id="view_partner_form_TEST" model="ir.ui.view">
            <field name="name">res.partner.form.TEST</field>
            <field name="model">res.partner</field>            
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
               <form string="TEST">
                  <field name="ref"/>
               </form>  
            </field>
        </record>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/16/14, 6:59 AM
Seen: 526 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM