Odoo Help

Default Customer on POS

By
Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 1/21/15, 4:08 PM 3,430 views

In a Point of Sale, by default appears 'Unknown Customer' as client name, so we click on that name, appears a list of customers and select the desired customer to finaly click on the Set Customer button. This is for each sale.

Do you know a way to preset a default customer, say 'Generic Client' avoiding having to select it each time?

I already try on pos.xml, but can only change the name whith out affecting the object.

Regards.

My solucion: Add a field x_default_client, on pos.config model and modified form view to add that field. There I can define which partner will be. On point_of_sale module, on static/src/js/models.js, I added the line this.set_default_client(order) on function 'add_new_order()' and defined that new function 'set_default_client(order)' where is searched the partner using x_default= order.pos.config.x_default_client and setting default_client = this.db.get_partner_by_id(x_default[0]) Some more code to validate and so.

Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 2/10/15, 12:58 PM

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 7 8
Rajkot, India
--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--

Being an emerging leader in IT market since 2011, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has been providing a wide range of business solutions in Odoo & Magento. We are pleased to have a large pool of contented customers with our meticulous work in the domain of ERP & e-Commerce. A ray of relief & satisfaction to  our customers heart by our successful deployment in their organization, purely represents our success in Odoo platform. Hence, we take pride for being an Odoo partner with a vision of expanding our strategic alliances with our customers to offer them high value-added, trustworthy & cost effective solutions.

Since establishment, our business has span across 11 countries of the world. Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, who realize that they need a professional business solutions to generate revenue streams, establish proper communication channels or streamline business operations. Standing with strong determination of customer satisfaction, observing each minute detail of their business processes, providing proper guidance and moving forth to develop product accordingly adds our value and reliability among our customers. 

We are blessed with efficient, passionate & eclectic young developers who have come across almost all kinds of business profiles, working with full dedication, applying creativity & new features in existing modules and completing customer's projects successfully on predefined target. Our in-depth knowledge while giving business solutions in Odoo allows us to offer following services to our customers :

• Consulting
  • Installation, Configuration & Customization
  • Training & Support
  • Maintenance
  • Upgradation
  • Documentation
  • Crafting community modules
  • Drafting videos on demand
  • Smart Apps development

We will be :) to welcome you @ www.emiprotechnologies.com to solve any kind of your business needs around Odoo. However we are just an inch away from you by email info@emiprotechnologies.com or a tweet to @EmiproTech

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
On 4/19/18, 1:43 AM

One of the trick you can use from the backend to set the generic customer in every pos.order where customer is not set.

First, You need to create one "Generic Customer" through xml.

ie.

<record id="generic_res_partner" model="res.partner">

<field name="name">Generic Customer</field>

<field name="is_company">1</field>

<field name="email">generic@example.com</field>

</record>

Then inherit the pos.order model and change this method like below.

class PosOrder(models.Model):

_inherit = 'pos.order'

@api.model

def _order_fields(self, ui_order):

order_fields = super(PosOrder, self)._order_fields(ui_order)

generic_customer = self.env.ref('module_name.generic_res_partner').id

order_fields['partner_id'] = ui_order.get('partner_id', False) or generic_customer

return order_fields

Arafat Ali
On 2/8/18, 2:46 AM

Hi, is there a way to achieve this in Odoo 11 ?

Jairo Quezada
On 1/5/16, 1:50 AM

Good evening, I'm using Odoo 8 and I would like to facilitate me the code of the solution to establish a customer default at the point of sale .Thank you

--Excerpt from OCB/addons/point_of_sale/static/src/js/models.js, with aproximated line numbers: 460 //creates a new empty order and sets it as the current order 461 add_new_order: function(){ 462 var order = new module.Order({pos:this}); 463 this.get('orders').add(order); 464 this.set('selectedOrder', order); 465 this.set_default_client(order); 466 }, 467 468 // set default client from pos.config 469 set_default_client: function(order) { 470 var default_client; 471 var x_default = order.pos.config.x_default_client; 472 var client_id; 473 if (x_default) { 474 client_id=parseInt(x_default[0]); 475 } 476 default_client = this.db.get_partner_by_id(client_id); 477 if (default_client) { 478 order.set_client(default_client); 479 } 480 },

Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 1/5/16, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the help. Very thoughtful of you. Now I'm trying to enable the physical taclado with the post, trying to jquery.hotkeys.js, any ideas for a case? Yelizariev POS_Keyboard module only enables the keypad.

Jairo Quezada
on 1/12/16, 9:45 PM

Olá Néstor, I've attempted to follow your instructions to set a default customer for each of my three POS. I managed to create a new field x_default_client and checked that it in fact exists using pgAdmin, I successfully added the field to the form view pos.config and I also added the code to C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20150511\server\openerp\addons\point_of_sale\static\src\js\models.js However, I have created a client called "Indiferenciado" that has partner_id=30 and I set the x_default_client to 30 on all Points of sale, but they still default to "Unknown Customer" when I open a POS session. What might I be doing wrong?

Daniel Holden
on 1/29/16, 10:50 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/15, 4:08 PM
Seen: 3430 times
Last updated: 4/19/18, 1:43 AM