Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Default Accounts for Partners

By
mike focosi
on 3/8/13, 12:11 AM 3,826 views

How do you define default Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable values when creating a partner? These fields are required during partner creation. Is there a way to populate these fields automatically? When I create partners through the API, I would like their Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable fields to be set by default. (Openerp 7.0)

Francisco Barcenas
On 11/15/16, 2:30 PM

This answer does not appear to work for ODOO 9.

What do you mean "does not appear to work"? What part of the instructions? When configured properly via the installation of a Chart of Accounts, these fields are given default values. Also, the workflow explained in the link that Andreas has given is how you manually create defaults

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 11/15/16, 4:03 PM

I think I discovered the problem. I was going through USER-DEFINED DEFAULTS in the configuration section in developer mode. I did not realize that you can set the defaults from the individual view. I will try that.

Francisco Barcenas
on 11/15/16, 4:11 PM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/8/13, 5:17 AM

Here is described how you can set default values:

https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/110/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 12:11 AM
Seen: 3826 times
Last updated: 11/15/16, 2:30 PM