Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

decimal representation in case the separator is changed to comma

By
Minakshi Aggarwal
on 4/10/15, 5:26 AM 662 views

We have a requirement where we want to change our decimal representation from a period(.) to comma (,) in our OPENERP 6.0. Our OPENERP consultant says a confirmed bug in the web framework of OpenERP 6.0 but not a priority for them as there are new versions and they have moved on.

Is this true?

Thnx Divyesh.

We have a company in Germany where the decimal representation is to be done using a comma(,) i.e. if I have to write 10.00 it should be represented as 10,00.

We wanted to this functionality implemented in our OPENERP but when this was implemented It was giving wierd results. When we were creating a sales order and adding the product line to it the quantity box initially was showing default quantity as 1.00 and then after a second it changed into 10000,00. When we reported this to our OPENERP consultant, he said this is a bug in OPENERP 6.0 and this is happening becoz we want to use comma as a decimal representation in place of a period (.)

I think this explaination elaborates the problem.

Thanks

Minakshi Aggarwal

From: Divyesh SC [mailto:divyeshsc-gmail.com@mail.odoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 04:42 PM
To: Minakshi Aggarwal
Subject: Re: decimal representation in case the separator is changed to comma

A new answer for decimal representation in case the separator is changed to comma has been posted. Click here to access the post.

--
Divyesh SC
Sent by Odoo Inc. using Odoo about Forum Post decimal representation in case the separator is changed to comma

Minakshi Aggarwal
on 4/20/15, 4:40 AM
Minakshi Aggarwal
On 4/10/15, 8:20 AM

Thnx Divyesh.

We have a company in Germany where the decimal representation is to be done using a comma(,) i.e. if I have to write 10.00 it should be represented as 10,00.

We wanted to this functionality implemented in our OPENERP but when this was implemented It was giving wierd results. When we were creating a sales order and adding the product line to it the quantity box initially was showing default quantity as 1.00 and then after a second it changed into 10000,00. When we reported this to our OPENERP consultant, he said this is a bug in OPENERP 6.0 and this is happening becoz we want to use comma as a decimal representation in place of a period (.)

I think this explaination elaborates the problem.

Thanks

Minakshi Aggarwal

Hi Minakshi, i tried the problem you described above. i am also getting the same result as you. i have tried it on Odoo 8, and this could be a bug i don't know exactly. if it is bug since OpenERP 6 then it must be rectified so other person also. if i found solution i will share

Divyesh SC
on 4/14/15, 10:03 AM

Hi Divyesh,

Thanks a lot.

Please mail me if you get any update on this.

Regards

Minakshi Aggarwal

From: Divyesh SC [mailto:divyeshsc-gmail.com@mail.odoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 07:33 PM
To: Minakshi Aggarwal
Subject:

Hi Minakshi, i tried the problem you described above. i am also getting the same result as you. i have tried it on Odoo 8, and this could be a bug i don't know exactly. if it is bug since OpenERP 6 then it must be rectified so other person also. if i found solution i will share

--
Divyesh SC
Sent by Odoo Inc. using Odoo access your messages

Minakshi Aggarwal
on 4/14/15, 11:44 PM
Divyesh SC
On 4/10/15, 7:11 AM

Dear it might be possible.

if you could be more precise we may help you.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/15, 5:26 AM
Seen: 662 times
Last updated: 4/14/15, 9:58 AM