Odoo Help

Decimal precision in ORM

By
Lucas Huber
on 9/14/15, 5:10 AM 2,047 views

I would like to include a related field from res.currency in a ORM model, but can't find any information how to deal with decimal precision in ORM.

exchange_rate = fields.Float('res.currency.rate', 
'Exchange Rate', related='currency_id.rate',         readonly=True)

When I open a view with the fields I get this error:

File "/opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp/tools/float_utils.py", line 29, in _float_check_precision

return 10 ** -precision_digits
TypeError: bad operand type for unary -: 'str' 

Would be glad to know a workaround to solve this problem.

Axel Mendoza
On 9/14/15, 10:41 AM

as docs saids in 

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/orm.html

class openerp.fields.Float(string=None, digits=None, **kwargs) 
The precision digits are given by the attribute
        Parameters digits -- a pair (total, decimal), or a function taking a database cursor and returning a pair (total, decimal)

Your definition could be changed to this:

exchange_rate = fields.Float('res.currency.rate', 'Exchange Rate', related='currency_id.rate', readonly=True, digits=(16,2))

or you could use a managed decimal precision already defined like 

import openerp.addons.decimal_precision as dp
exchange_rate = fields.Float('res.currency.rate', 'Exchange Rate', related='currency_id.rate', readonly=True, digits=dp.get_precision('Account') )

Thank you Axel, Your solution will probably work only with not related fields. In my case I get with both solutions a "duplicate value for keyword arguments "digits"" Error.

Lucas Huber
on 9/14/15, 12:17 PM

related fields are function fields and they need pretty much all the required attributes/arguments for field definition than normal fields, because when it gets calculated the field continue as the normal field type float and needs the digits param

Axel Mendoza
on 9/14/15, 12:22 PM

solved?

Axel Mendoza
on 12/23/15, 3:06 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/14/15, 5:10 AM
Seen: 2047 times
Last updated: 9/14/15, 10:42 AM