This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello

I need to show date in Latvian with month name like 2014 g. 25, Janvāris. I have set a date format for Latvian as %Y g. %d, %B. And in reports I use formatLang(o.date_order,date = True). But in result I have 2014 g. 25, January. So the date format is correct for Latvian but month name is not translated to Latvian and shown in English. How to solve this issue?

Discard

hey, have you found the solution for this? and btw, how did you set the date format for Latvian?

Best Answer

Most of our script supports english language that you know, So for you solution you have to set a dictionary for Latvian months as values and the month numbers as keys, Pick the values from the dictionary you set, as the key is availble, and append it with ireport results

Discard
Author

Thank you, Abhishek. You are right that main language is English but in most cases it is possible to use translations. I don't understand why translation do not work in this case. I already use months numbers as keys but I think this is not so nice way. The Date format is a very basic function and should work with translations in a normal way.

Best Answer

Did you check actual translation for latvian languages? 
does the po file in folder i18n contain valid translation for months?

Discard
Best Answer

Igor, AFAIK, wrt Day/Month name translation in reports, you need to develop the translation functionality yourself or seek help from someone who had developed that module in your language.

Discard