Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Database Role Causing Issue

Jared Johnson
on 7/16/14, 9:37 PM 424 views

I have been playing around with modifying schenkle's script to handle the new 8.0 tree and to handle side by side installs. Everything is working with the exception that every install I create looks for a role <name> that I used for the very first attempt. It appears to be ignoring the conf file I specify for a different db user. Could someone point me to where dbname/dbuser gets initialized and stored?

Hi Jared, Please post a link to the script on github or similar so that I can take a look. You should just be able to define different variables at the beginning of the script (eg. OE_USER = odoo2) which will trickle down into different usernames, servers names, and conf files per instance. If you want to run a number of different conf files and databases running on the same instance you'll need to create different variables for the db user creation on line 56 of the script (eg. DB_USER = odoo1: sudo su - postgres -c "createuser -s $DB_USER" 2> /dev/null || true It would be best however if you could share the script so that others in the community can give their input and feedback on it.

Luke Branch
on 7/16/14, 10:48 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 7/16/14, 9:37 PM
Seen: 424 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM