Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Database backup, where is stored the file ? Où est sauvegardée la base de donnée ? (Backup/Restore)

By
Ovou
on 12/1/14, 3:27 AM 1,089 views

Je cherche desespérement à retrouver l'endroit où la base de donnée est stockée après un backup par "Gestion des bases de données" (Odoo 8.0)... Merci pour toute info pertinente !

Benjamin Mampaey
On 12/1/14, 4:54 AM

If you are running windows, the database is mostly in a folder called 'PostgreSQL' in the main folder of your Odoo installation.

If it is on Linux, you have to find out where your database location is. (parameter 'data_directory' in config file => e.g.  /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf)

You can also use the back-up and restore functionality of the Odoo DB manager: YOUR_HOST:PORT/web/database/manager

Excuse me, my answer is not the one you are expecting. Normally the back-up is downloaded in a .dump-file.

Benjamin Mampaey
on 12/1/14, 5:05 AM
Ovou
On 12/1/14, 5:35 AM

Thanks for your answer, but my real point of interest is to know where exactly is downloaded the dump file (under windows 7) : Name and directory ?

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 12/1/14, 10:17 AM

Folder Downloads in Favorites  (c:/Users/user/Downloads)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/1/14, 3:27 AM
Seen: 1089 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM