Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Database Backup not working

Sudheendra Walvekar
on 6/12/14, 8:24 AM 918 views

Dear All,

We have been using OpenERP 7 on Windows for our production and have been successfully taking database dump using backup once in a week. Though there are no changes in the settings, we are now facing problem in getting database dump. 
After entering the correct password and clicking on the Backup button, the status shows as loading....still loading......be patient....don't leave yet it is still loading.......you may not believe it but the application is actually loading.......take a minute to get a coffee because it's loading.......but the database dump is not created.

I get a final message as "May be you should considering reloading the application by pressing F5..." . Still I do not get the database dump.

I would appreciate if any help is available to resolve this issue.

Sudheendra Walvekar
On 6/13/14, 3:12 AM

Thank you so much. I shall try the solution and update.

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 6/12/14, 11:25 AM

Its advisable to use ubuntu or other linux flavour for production.

For now talking about solution to resolve your issue, you may run psql commands to get the back up.

Backup: $ pg_dump -U {user-name} {source_db} -f {dumpfilename.sql}

Restore: $ psql -U {user-name} -d {desintation_db}-f {dumpfilename.sql}

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/12/14, 8:24 AM
Seen: 918 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM