This question has been flagged

Hi everyone!

have a problem with my Odoo website. I have a webpage for a product. I still can edit it, but when I save my edition, the changes are not saved. I have try to modify the page from the databas, in the table product_template, in website_description row. When I save the data in database, everything is saved, but nothing changes in the page product... Weird! Thereby, is there somewhere else where page data are stored for product?

Thansk!

Discard

I'm not sure I'm understanding your answer. But, I think that the problem might be coming from the fact that, in OpenERP/Odoo you have the information of the products divided in two tables (for some reason beyond the scope of your question): product_template and product_product. Check the two of them. Probably you are changing the product template's name and not the product's (per se) name or viceversa.

Author

For what I know, product_template is about the page view of the product and about the product itself, without its variants. And product_product is about variants of the product, which is at least one, the product itself. You can see that at product_template is the virtual mother object of product_product children... But the problem for me comes with the front-office. On my product page, I can not save change I made in the product_template website_description. The save function of the editor doesn't save anything. And If I try to change directly on the database, it's save, but these differences are not showing up on the front-end page! I'm wondering more and more if Odoo is not storing some kind of data elsewhere...