Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Hi Community. I recently found an issue that is present in Odoo version 7 and 8, that can be easily seen watching the below video:
The problem arises when we have a parent record with a one2many, and an object button. When a one2many field is edited, and we hit the object button (without hitting save) the process as I can see is:
1) parent object tries to save itself
2) this triggers the one2many record to be created on the server
3) this returns sucessfully
4) client issues the command to execute the object button
The problem here is, what happens when the object button returns an error?
When the object button returns an error, the client still thinks that the one2many record is NEW. However, it has already created on the server side. Thus, more and more clicks on the object button will create a new one2many record every single time (and the user only has the feedback of the warning / error, with NO knowledge of any actually writing taking place)
Another way I have reproduced this issue is the following:
Parent object has a one2many with an another object that itself has a one to many.
1) edit parent object
2) edit already created record on the one2many (must be a pop-up form view)
3) add new record to this object's one2many (can be inline)
4) hit save
5) BEFORE hitting save on parent record, hit an object button on the tree view of the one2many. The button will be available for selection, because remember, we did not add a new record, we edited an existing one.
6) if all goes well, nothing is returned, and the client form is not updated
7) hit a few more times
8) save parent record
After those steps, the one2many of the object of the one2many on the parent will have been created multiple times (once for every button press that did not update the client form).
This issue was posted on github in early March. Please, can the community help in making this issue heard? I see it as a huge problem for the integrity of the system.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/26/15, 1:57 PM|
|Seen: 769 times|
|Last updated: 5/27/15, 2:09 AM|